The Wheel of Life Exercise
Completing the Wheel of Life exercise is a way to review and balance 8 important areas in life, each of which elude to a ‘successful life’. In the pursuit of goals, it is mentally important to ensure that all areas of life within this wheel concept are balanced and that the wheel can run as smoothly as possible. The wheel of life is a really powerful way for us all to take stock of the most important aspects of life and to realise where action is needed.
There’s no point having lots of money but no one to share that with and of course becoming career focused can harm loved ones, personal health and fun times.
Download our FREE business plan template
This isn’t rocket science. On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being awesome) how do you grade yourself in the areas?
Once you have done this if you do not have a wheel that could run smoothly work on the lower bumpy parts.
We would recommend you do this activity once a month – click to download a printable PDF.
- Am I generally fit and well?
- Do I eat healthily?
- Do I exercise regularly?
- Do I have/want a soul mate?
- Do we share values and intimacy?
- Am I nurturing the relationship we have with each other?
Friends and Family
- Do I have/want a close circle of friends?
- Do I spend enough time with family and friends?
- Do I value the relationship we have with each other?
Fun and Recreation
- Do I have fun often?
- Do I know how to relax?
- Do I enjoy sports or have hobbies?
- Am I continually learning new things?
- Do I enjoy new opportunities for growth?
- Are the things I do growing me as a person?
- Do I like the area in which I live?
- Is my home comfortable, tidy and warm?
- Do I keep my appearance smart?
- Is my car serviced and reliable?
Career / Business growth
- Where am I now?
- Where did I want to be by now?
- Am I where I wanted to be?
- How can I get to where I want to be?
Money / wealth?
- Think of your own questions that are relevant to your personal finances
Achieving a smooth running Wheel of Life is almost impossible but ALWAYS worth striving for. Equally important is recognising where the wheel is weak and taking positive steps now, rather than waiting for the inevitable buckle!
Straight talking advice on achieving a healthy work : life balance from Yorkshire Powerhouse
Now you’ve read about your ‘business idea’, have you any more questions?
Here at Yorkshire Powerhouse, we’re happy to help as much as possible – is there anything else we can do to help you, do you have any further questions or can we help introduce you to an expert – please let us know: